EGCC Go Camp for top players with teaching games
The European Go Cultural Centre, in close cooperation with the Nihon Ki-in, offers to the top players of the European Go Academy the EGCC Go Camp
With this new initiative the EGCC and the Nihon Ki-in
want to contribute to the professionalization of European Go.
The Nihon Ki-in will dispatch two professionals for this training: Yamashiro Hiroshi 9p
- Yamashiro was born in 1958.
- He became an a shodan professional of the Nagoya branch of the Nihon Ki-in in 1972.
- He became a 9 dan pro in 1985.
- He challenged for Japan's seven major titles: the 16th Kisei, 41st, 42nd and 48th Honinbo, 18th Tengen and 32nd Oza.
- In 2008 Mr. Yamashiro scored his 1000th win in his career as the 10th player of the Nihon Ki-in.
- He won the Okan (Crown) Tournament 16 times
- He serves as a vice chairman of the Nihon Ki-in since 2012
- He also serves as a manager of the Japan’s pro national team since 2013 Ohashi Hirofumi 6p
- He was born in 1984 and became professional in 2002
- Runner up in the 1st Okage in 2010
- He is known for his spectacular openings like The Black Hole on all four 7-7 points, The Milky Way and Orion's belt
- He visited the Go Congress 2012 in Bonn
Participants to the first EGCC Go Camp are: Andreij KravetsArtem KachanovskyiGrigorii FioninJonas WeltickeViktor Lin
All participants will play against both teachers, Yamashiro Hiroshi Sensei and Ohashi Hirofumi Sensei.
Thinking time is 1 hour per person.
Directly after the games are finished they will be commented, one after the other, by both teachers.
So there will be two hours playing time and roughly, two times 45 minutes for commenting the games, per session.
All participants will record a game from both teachers, for live broadcasting on Internet (KGS and IGS).
and 2 on IGS and/or KGS.
Timeschedule 19th – 21st of July, (in GMT+1, Amsterdam, Berlin, Madrid, Paris, Prague):
Tuesday, 13:00 - 16:30 Yamashiro 9p vs Kravets and Ohashi 6p vs Kachanovskyi 1p
Wednesday, 9:00 - 12:30 Yamashiro 9p vs Welticke and Ohashi 6p vs Lin
Wednesday, 13:00 - 16:30 Yamashiro 9p vs Kachanovskyi 1p and Ohashi 6p vs Fionin
Thursday, 9:00 - 12:30 Yamashiro 9p vs Lin and Ohashi 6p vs Kravets
Thursday, 13:00 - 16:30 Yamashiro 9p vs Fionin and Ohashi 6p vs Welticke
placed by HW9x9 at 13:33 Sat 30 July 2016